Navy F4 PHANTOM
...
The favorite plane of Veteran Pilot - Captain Ronald C. Miller Ret.
Commander of Sand Point Naval Air Station
June 1978 - August 1980
...

The prototype F4H-1, U.S. Navy Bureau Number 142259, making its first flight over the St. Louis area, 27 May 1958.

The McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II was far from aesthetically pleasing, but its versatility and fearsome
armament capability assure its place as one of the world's most effective and feared fighters.
 It dominated combat aviation in the 1960s, and proved its mettle during the Vietnam

President:
Dwight D. Eisenhower inspected the F-4 Phantom II aircraft on Oct. 21, 1960, at U.S. Naval Air Station, North Island, San Diego, Ca. With him is Cdr. Tom Mix.